Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Coil Question

MO

09-05-08, 12:46 PM   #1  
Coil Question

I have run into this more often than not. I get no spark, so I pull the kill switch wire from the magneto. I then get spark. Recently, I was working on a Snapper riding mower with the same problem. I rerouted the kill switch wire to the stop-switch and by-passed the key system. I also am working on a pressure washer (Briggs and Stratton) and had the same problem. The pressure washer does not have a key system and trying to figure out where the problem is. Is the coil bad or is the short happening somewhere else?

Sponsored Links

TN

09-05-08, 01:14 PM   #2  
Track the wire from the coil to where it ends and you will either find the wire shorted along the way or the switching devise shorted or out of adjustment.

Model numbers would help.

Good luck,
Airman

MO

09-05-08, 02:54 PM   #3  
Thanks for the response Airman. I have always had friendly accurate responses on this site. Though, I have not posted many questions. I ordered a new switch for the pressure washer and installed. That did the trick. I noticed that the switch had overspray of black paint on it and that may have been the problem. Should have cleaned the switch first!!

Thanks again for you speedy response!!!

Search this Thread