Tecumseh Carburator Float

Old 09-06-08, 12:23 PM
Unhappy Tecumseh Carburator Float

I'm looking for a replacement float for a carburator on a Tecumseh VM 100 series 8 hp vertical shaft motor. On the top of the carb are the numbers 1080D6G.

A new carb for this motor lists for $89.00 so if I can find a replacement float, that would be great. Of all the sites I've been to, the only replacement parts for the carb is the needle jet/spring. Tried fixing the float with no luck. The float bowel had water in it and during a winter, the water froze and the expanding ice pushed the bottom half of the float up into the upper half. Tried compressed air to re-inflate the float but no luck.
I understand that most floats are silver soldered so trying to take it apart is not a good idea?
Is there a float from another carb thats interchangeble with the one I need?

Mr Q

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-08, 12:28 PM
What is the actual model number on the TEC engine? I'll look up the carb from that, provided it is the original. I can probably point you in the right direction to purchase just the float. Does it look like this..http://www.manddsmallengine.com/tecu...ts/632019.html

Old 09-06-08, 12:53 PM
Mongo1969 - The engine is on a sears product (made by Murray-out of business since 2004) so the number on the shroud over the spark plug is a sears number, which is:

143.326332 (Ser. # 3019D)

And yes, that does look like the float I'm looking for.
As far as I know, the engine/carb is original to the equipment.

Thanks for the quick reply and help, Mr Q

Old 09-06-08, 01:06 PM
T-carb

Float 632019 is the correct part number for your carb. I would also get needle & seat kit 631021B

AJ

Old 09-06-08, 01:13 PM
Smile

I agree with AJ. If you are going to order, you might as well get the needle and seat because you will pay for shipping and handling anyway. Good Luck with it!!

Old 09-06-08, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by aj-allen View Post
Float 632019 is the correct part number for your carb. I would also get needle & seat kit 631021B

AJ
Is this a sears part number or a Tecumseh number?

Old 09-06-08, 02:52 PM
It's Tecumseh

Those are tecumseh numbers but sears uses tecumseh numbers so you could say both.

AJ

Old 09-06-08, 04:06 PM
Thanks a lot guys - with that tecumseh part number I found it at Tulsa Engine Warehouse for a couple of bucks. I also found that the same float is used on a Tecumseh 5hp engine I have as a generator.

That should bring a close to my search and thanks for your time and trouble to all who replied. Mr Q