Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel lines to carb.

OH

09-06-08, 01:44 PM   #1  
Fuel lines to carb.

Hey Cheese,Thanks for the good info on the primer bulb post. I changed the bowl gasket and whilst I was in the carb found an O-ring that was deformed that sealed around the plastic jet that goes thru the middle of the carb. Replaced it and the one on the other side of the jet for good measure. The guy said the machine always did start hard. I suspect that O-ring was put in bad from the factory??? Starts great now.
New problem. Craftsman 18" gas chainsaw model#358360180 Gas was left in too long and rotted the fuel lines off.There are two lines that go to the fuel tank. The tank is molded into the part that makes up the body,two halves welded(sonic,cement) together. There are two holes in the tank that are different sizes. Also there are two sizes of fuel line coming off the carb. The bigger one goes to one side of the primer bulb. From the bulb there is another line that goes to the carb The smaller one goes to the opposite side of the carb(zama carb). Inside the tank were the weighted fuel filter and a double barbed fitting along with a bunch of rotted rubber gunk. Which line gets the filter? Does the barbed fitting just help the line from coming out of the tank? HMMMM Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-06-08, 06:03 PM   #2  
The line going to the fuel inlet on the carb is the one that goes to the tank with the filter on it. The barbed fitting goes onto the line coming from the pressure side of the primer, at the end of the line, in the tank.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread