Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

MTD model Number not on seat

09-06-08, 09:36 PM   #1  
MTD model Number not on seat

I have an 18 horse 46 inch cut 14 speed MTD BS model# 422707 Type 1510 01 code 9312165B is there any way to find the model no of tractor using this info? Was my dads who purchased it brand new in 1993. Need some parts to get it in shape for winter, it now has a snowblower that measures 46 inches which was added later, it is only used during winter at present time.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-06-08, 11:34 PM   #2  
The number isn't on a label on the mower frame under the seat? If not, I don't know any way to get a model # without just looking at other MTDs until you find one that matches.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

09-06-08, 11:46 PM   #3  
Might be able to come up with a model by searching parts breakdowns at the MTD site by year.

Does it have any brand identification on the hood?

Is it branded MTD or Yardman, Yardmachine, Montgomery Wards, ACE etc...???

Where was it purchased?

09-08-08, 09:25 PM   #4  
I have an old PowrKraft (made by MTD) with the 18.5 HP B&S engine and a 46" deck. I have the model number on mine and the MTD site was very helpful in finding the part numbers. They do have a process for your situation per their website...

MTD Website
"A: HOW DO I DETERMINE MY PRODUCT MODEL NUMBER AND/OR SERIAL NUMBER IF THE TAG IS MISSING OR ILLEGIBLE?

If a product identification tag has been rendered illegible, or the numbers are not valid within our online support systems, it will be necessary to call in and speak directly with a Technical Support Agent for assistance in properly identifying these products.

Our Technical Support Department staff may be reached at 1-800-800-7310, M-F, 8 a.m. 5 p.m. EST. The technicians there will ask you a number of questions while researching our historical manufacturing archives in an effort to determine the model number and manufacturing data of the product. This research can often be a daunting task and may even involve submission of photographs or measurement of particular parts that will identify a production series.

IMPORTANT! Due to the complex nature and need for direct conversation while researching historical data, this product identification process is not performed via the Internet."

Search this Thread