Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Kohler K321A carb kit

NH

09-09-08, 05:32 AM   #1  
Kohler K321A carb kit

I have a mid 70's Kohler K321A, spec# 60294D, ser#7312473 in the shop. It needs a carb kit. I have the parts microfishe. The kit that it shows is $120 and includes linkages. I only need a minor carb kit: needle & seat, bowl gasket, bowl plug gasket and possibly the adjusting needle screws. Parts list says needle & seat ONLY available in the $120 kit. Anyone have a Kohler part # for the minor kit? I never use aftermarket carb kits after having problems with them before.

Sponsored Links

TX

09-09-08, 06:01 AM   #2  
I don't know whats different about the carburetor on your engine, but I could not find a listing for a rebuild kit, only a replacement carburetor.

If you can locate the numbers off of the carburetor you may have some luck finding a kit from the manufacturer. Many of the older Kohler engines used Walbro carburetors.

NH

09-09-08, 02:28 PM   #3  
UPdate!! With a little bit more thinking, I went back to the Case site that was posted here. (This carb is on that same Case 444). I found the Case part number for the carb kit there.
Case # C27278. I called my supplier, they did have 1 in stock, and she also gave me the Kohler part# of 25-757-01-S. Will be ordering tomorrow from my Kohler supplier as I have other items to get from them. Kohler is a couple $$ more than the Case, but the shipping is the deal breaker. I can absorb the shipping easier on a $75 order than I can on a $10 order.
Thanks!!

Search this Thread