Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Homelite blower HB-180 carb question

NJ

09-09-08, 08:24 AM   #1  
Homelite blower HB-180 carb question

Hello i have a hardly used Homelite blower HB-180 and i noticed a loss of power so I checked the air filter and it was soaked with gas. I started the blower without the air filter and it starts fine but it spits gas through the intake/air filter area. If you have any ideas I will appreciated and thanks alot for any help.

Sponsored Links

TX

09-09-08, 06:30 PM   #2  
Look for a restriction in the muffler or exhaust ports, there is also a spark arrestor screen in the exhaust that can get plugged and cause excessive spit back. Some spit back on 2-cycle engines is normal.

NJ

09-10-08, 09:23 AM   #3  
Homelite blower HB-180

Thanks.. I took apart and thoroughly cleaned the spark arrestor screen and the entire muffler box but there is no change. Thanks again for the help

NJ

09-11-08, 03:49 PM   #4  
Homelite blower HB-180

Thanks for any help i got it working by soaking the carb and removing any debris. I then played with the throttle to get full speed and adjusted the two screws> Now i have a great blower once again thanks to you people..

Search this Thread