Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Do I need to adjust valves on push mower

IN

09-09-08, 03:28 PM   #1  
Do I need to adjust valves on push mower

I had problems with my riding mower starting and you guys had me adjust the clearance on the vavles. It starts fine now. My question is: I also have a Craftsman 6.5 hp self propelled mower. Says it's a craftsman 4-cycle Engine, Model # 143.006502. Do I have to do any adjusting on these valve. I don't see a valve cover to take off like I had on my rider. I've had the mower probably around 10 years. Never done anything to it other than changing oil, spark plus and air filter. It's getting a little harder to start. When I start it will run about 10 sec. then die. After that it will start and keep running. Just thought if there was something I should adjust before it doesn't start at all.

Thanks Dave

Sponsored Links

TX

09-09-08, 06:12 PM   #2  
The valves on the type of engine on your lawnmower, rarely need adjustments. Chances are the problem you are experiencing with your mower is carburetor related rather then valve related.

Search this Thread