Info needed on older Roper Lawn Tractor

Old 09-07-08, 12:39 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Info needed on older Roper Lawn Tractor

we just got an older model Roper 13hp lawn tractor and would like to find a snow thrower for it. Can anyone tell me if I have to find a roper model or is there other brands that will fit this machine? Was roper made by sears?

Old 09-07-08, 03:05 PM
Many of the oder Sears garden tractors were made by Roper, which eventually was purchased by AYP and is now part of the Husqvarna family. You will probably have to find something used, I am thinking it's been a pretty long time since Roper made any tractors.

Old 09-09-08, 04:12 AM
D
So does that mean that ayp or murray snowblowers will fit my roper? that opens up my options some. hard to find an older roper snow blower. at least in my area!

Old 09-09-08, 06:05 AM
I doubt anything from Murray would work, there may be something from AYP, I don't know. I don't ever see any snowblowers here in Central Texas.

Maybe someone else with some experience with older Roper products will see the post and chime in.

Good Luck...

Old 09-09-08, 03:23 PM
D
Thank you for your help! I'm sure being in texas you have no need for snow blowers!!! maybe someone in the northeast area will read this post.

Old 09-09-08, 06:49 PM
A
I have limited snow thrower/blower experience but here is my opinion. An AYP thrower only fits certain AYP branded machines and Murray thrower will only fit Murray machines. The only thrower I know of that will fit either machine; with adapters of course, is a Haban thrower. Then the tractor must have a means to drive the blower, which not all have. I do not know what model tractor you have but with 13 HP, I do not think it will drive a thrower.

Generally, only AYP garden tractors (GT) are equipped to adapt snow throwers. I do not recall seeing a lawn tractor (LT) that could handle a thrower.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: