2000 Murray 10HP 30" rider, drive belt problems

Old 09-10-08, 01:34 PM
2000 Murray 10HP 30" rider, drive belt problems

My drive belt busted and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get the new one on. Do not have manual, as I bought unit from friend couple years ago. The blade belt is easy, this one looks really hard.

Can you provide instructions on how to replace that belt? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-08, 02:25 PM
Get the model number off your tractor and look at this website:
http://www.murray.com/products/combi...=Model&type=OM

If it is not available at the website above google your model number + owners manual.

Old 09-10-08, 11:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The 10/30 murray tranny belts are pretty aggravating to change. There is a belt guard that is bolted on in the way, and one of the bolts has a nut on the other side....under the engine... There may be some variations, so use your model# to see for sure, but you might want to let a shop do it if you're not mechanically apt or short tempered .

Old 09-11-08, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys. I tried the link and entered model number. Result: nothing. Murray says they don't support anything older than 2003 on that site.

Yes, there is a bolt or nut under the engine that needs to be undone to remove that belt guide. I got that far and then realized the job was bigger than I want to tackle. I have a good mechanic who works on these things nearby. I'll take it there. Thanks again.
Mike