Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

H60 tec overspeed

09-12-08, 11:45 PM   #1  
H60 tec overspeed

Hello , I have a Tecumseh on a snow blower mod H60-75381k
Last spring I was just finishing up the drive and all of a sudden it went into over speed. I was able to shut it down before any damage to the engine. The unit idles fine and mid rpm (no load) is ok. As soon the unit goes to full throttle it will go into over speed. Can any one help with diagnostics?

Sponsored Links

TN

09-13-08, 02:04 AM   #2  
You did the right thing by immediate shutdown. The manual covers this subject well beginning page 27. The problem very well may be in linkage/governor spring. I do not think the problem is internal since you say it “idles fine and mid rpm (no load) is ok.”
See page 32 figure 25, check this spring PN 30826 on your engine. Just check setup per the manual.

Download Tecumseh Technician's Handbook -- 692509 at the following link:

http://toprake.com/index.php?module=..._Document_id=2

Good luck and be sure to post your outcome.

09-14-08, 05:57 PM   #3  
Yesterday I rechecked springs and links found a governor spring that looked like it was pulled out of shape. Then went down to the local “fix it shop” low and behold, he had one in stock $3.00. I put it on the carb the fired it up. idled good. I let it warm up and heard a slight “knock’’ shut it down rechecked oil. It was ok fired it back up then went to mid throttle ok no probs found then went to full throttle and yep went to over speed. Shut it down took the engine off of the snow blower put it on the bench. And took it apart found the upper part of the spool broke off of the base. found the rod scored and egg shaped. (that part sucked)

09-29-08, 09:53 PM   #4  
Well I bought some parts for it. About $75.00 for a rod, gaskets and governor parts
Put it all back together and fired it up. Wa hoo! It works, and now to head over to the bean field for a load test.
Or I will hold off till the first snow.

Search this Thread