Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda Rotary Transmission

09-13-08, 08:07 AM   #1  
Honda Rotary Transmission

I own a Honda HRT216S3DA slef powered push mower purchased in 1999. Motor runs great but it appears that the transmission has given up. I have checked the cable and belt to make sure it was not just needing some adjusting.

I am thinking of purchasing a new transmission(they are sealed and not repairable) and installing it myself. I have not yet gotten into it but don't want to get in over my head. Is this something anyone has had experience with and could advise me as to the difficulty, extra parts to order besides the transmission/axle etc. I don't have a repair manual for this so need any advice or pics you may have to help.

Thanks
Mike - Columbus, Ohio

Sponsored Links

TX

09-14-08, 07:34 AM   #2  
I have replaced several transmissions on Honda lawn mowers, they are not that difficult to do albeit a little time consuming.

The rear baffle under the mower deck needs to be removed to gain access to the transmissiong, and both rear wheel height adjusters also need to come off to remove the transmission. You need to pay special attention to the wheel drive gear set up on the transmission and reinstall properly on the new transmission. Take pictures with a digital camera for reference.

You can find illustrated parts views for your mower here:
http://www.superxpower.com/pages/par...6/default.aspx

Search this Thread