Help!!!Kracher K2400HH Coupling Element Broken

Old 09-20-08, 02:55 AM
Help!!!Kracher K2400HH Coupling Element Broken

Hi all,

I have a Kracher K2400 which the coupling element front part which had a bolt nut was broken...

I have grinded the coupling element front to remove the broken bolt, and bought an replacement coupling element online.

Problem now is no matter how hard I tried to hit the coupling element. It just won't get out.

Looking on the online blow up parts, seems like there is a "Spring" inside the Coupling element.

How do I get the Coupling Element out???Do I have to use any special tools?

Vennz

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-08, 08:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't have any clue what a "coupling element" is. Here is an IPL for your unit. Take a look, and if you still can't figure it out, note the number of each part in question and reply back.

http://www.pressureparts.com/TreeVie...or=72319#72319

Old 09-20-08, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
I don't have any clue what a "coupling element" is. Here is an IPL for your unit. Take a look, and if you still can't figure it out, note the number of each part in question and reply back.

http://www.pressureparts.com/TreeVie...or=72319#72319
Hi Cheese,

the Part # 91945460 is a spring,under actuation position 4, Part # 5471088 is the Coupling Element. My existing Position 8 (A) Cheese Head Screw have broken and manage to remove the broken pc. inside Coupling Element.

Vennz

Old 09-22-08, 09:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ok, I see now. With the #8 bolt out, the coupling should slide off the crankshaft. Unfortunately, water gets all over pressure washers, and it rusts the coupling to the crankshaft. I have had some that were extremely hard to get off. You might grind through the side of it until you get to the crankshaft (don't grind the crankshaft itself!!!). Then spray PBlaster or other penetrating oil in the area and work it until it comes off. Grind through the other side to split it in 2 pieces if you have to.

Old 09-23-08, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
Ok, I see now. With the #8 bolt out, the coupling should slide off the crankshaft. Unfortunately, water gets all over pressure washers, and it rusts the coupling to the crankshaft. I have had some that were extremely hard to get off. You might grind through the side of it until you get to the crankshaft (don't grind the crankshaft itself!!!). Then spray PBlaster or other penetrating oil in the area and work it until it comes off. Grind through the other side to split it in 2 pieces if you have to.
Hi Cheese,

Thank you for your reply.. I try it out.

Cheers...