Fule Selinoid On Murray Tractor

Old 09-20-08, 03:39 PM
Cool Fule Selinoid On Murray Tractor

HELP!!
OK REPOWERED MURRAY MODEL 40507x8WITH A B&G 12.5 HP MODLE 28V707 TYPE 1113-E1 WITH NEW 21 HP INTEK BRIGGS MDL 331877-0036
I NEED WIREING HELP .. I HAVE THREE WIRES FROM MURRAY / STARTER SWITCH A RED, WIHITE (CONECTOR) AND A SINGLE YELLOW (BESIDE THE MAIN START CABLE).
NEW ENGINE HAS 4 WIRES OFF IT. RED, ORANGE, BLACK AND GREY.
RED WITH LOOP ONTO ORANGE, FROM VOLT REGULATER AND THESE WIRE I AM CONNECTING TO THE RED AND WHITE? THE YELLOW I AM CONECTING TO THE GROUND (KILL WIRE) AT THE ARMATURE. ? NOW MY CONCERN IS WHERE CAN I GET 12 VOLT TO RUN THE FUEL SELINOID? ?? OR DO I HAVE THIS ALL WRONG???
HELP?
THANKS

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-08, 08:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You'll need to find a terminal from the keyswitch that has 12v on it when it is on, and none when it is off, to power the solenoid. Your switch probably doesn't even have that option, so you may need to get a different switch, determine it's terminal configuration, and wire it custom for your engine..

Old 09-22-08, 02:41 PM
Cool Wire Decisions..

SO BASICALLY RUN A NEW WIRE FROM THE BATTEREY WITH IN LINE FUSE AND TOGLE THEN TO SELINOID, TO TURN FUEL ON PRIOR TO INGINTION START..SORTA LIKE STARTING A ROCKET SHIP OR A BIG OLD RACE CAR JUST NEED TO RE MEBER TO TURN OF POWERE WHEN FINISHED... HUMMM... THINK I NEED TO FIND THE LIVE WIRE FROM THE START SWITCH OR JUST GET NEW SWITCH..
WHAT TO DO.. ANYONE ELSE?

Old 09-22-08, 08:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Afterthought:

Just get a bolt out of another carb with no solenoid. You don't need the solenoid there anyway..the bolt from your old carb may fit, depending on what carb you had on the 12.5.