Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Sears Lawn Tractor Brake won't release

09-23-08, 10:39 PM   #1  
Sears Lawn Tractor Brake won't release

Craftsman Lawn Tractor DLT-3000 with a Honda Motor 917.273502
My Tractor started to give me some trouble by not automatically releasing the brake and allowing the mower to get on with it. I thought that brake needed some adjustment but I would be interested in any advice from the forum before I dove in. I like the mower, it drives so easy. I do my yearly maintenance but I am sure that there is more that I should do. Thank you.

Sponsored Links

TN

09-24-08, 08:40 AM   #2  
The link below is a manual that covers the auto release and brake adjustment. Your transaxle is a Hydro Gear 0510.

http://www.gardening-tools-direct.co...001_177868.pdf

Last edited by Airman; 09-24-08 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Added info

09-27-08, 03:35 PM   #3  
Success

Thank You,

I opened the pdf. that you suggested and I narrowed my problem down to the brake return spring and/or assembly. It seems that the brake was not being released and it's grab was stronger than the 16.5 motor. I was able to manually release the brake and I got it working smoothly again. Note to others: it does help to blow out the grass and muck after every use as it can accumulate in every spot on your Tractor/Mower. Thank you once again for thge good and prompt reply to my question.

CliffB

Search this Thread