Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Poulan Weed Eater-no fire

TX

09-25-08, 08:45 AM   #1  
Poulan Weed Eater-no fire

I have a poulan weed eater 31cc. It has no fire. I hold screw driver in spark plug boot and finger in plug hole. It never has run correctly. I checked the on/off switch. It works right dis connected, but with both wires connected I get an ohm reading across meter on off and a slight lower reading in on position. Testing each to ground I get strong ohm reading in opposite and weak in other wire. I am grounding to the spark plug threads. It has been years since working on 2 cycles and any other. I can't even remember where fire comes from. Any help that anyone can give this old man, will be appreciated

Sponsored Links

TX

09-25-08, 08:48 AM   #2  
The spark (fire) comes from the wire that the spark plug is connected to. If you are getting no spark with the kill switch disconnected, then the module is most likely bad and needs to be replaced.

TX

09-25-08, 01:50 PM   #3  
No Fire

Thanks 30 year tech. It sounds like it is shot. I expected as much. I appreciate your time. Have a good day.

Robertk

Search this Thread