Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

mower muffler

OH

09-27-08, 01:50 PM   #1  
mower muffler

Is there a better muffler than a stock lawnmower muffler.

I would like to make mine as quiet as possible.

Any ideas or someone done this?

Sponsored Links

OK

09-27-08, 07:49 PM   #2  
what kind of mower, some companies do have other mufflers available but not many.

murphy was a optimist

OH

09-28-08, 02:28 PM   #3  
Any regular briggs and stratton

FL

09-28-08, 02:46 PM   #4  
There are a few different sized screw-in type and bolt on type, There are many different configurations depending on the equipment/engine application.

Now, Do you care to share the machine AND engine model/type/serial numbers with us so we may try to help ?

TX

09-28-08, 05:24 PM   #5  
There are other mufflers available for specific engines and applications. Some OEM mufflers will not work on certain applications, and in these cases mufflers are supplied by the equipment manufacturers. In most cases the noise reduction from the exhaust is only a small part of the noise, much of it is radiated out through the engine block, and a new muffler will not supress this.

Model Type and Code from the engine as well and Model and S/N of the equipment will let us help to figure out what else may be available for your application.

OH

09-29-08, 04:57 PM   #6  
I don't have the model number with me right now but i can get it tomorrow if it's that important.
It's a craftsman push mower.

Just wondered if i could make it ALOT quieter but maybe a better muffler won't make that much difference if alot is just plain engine noise.
thanks.

TX

09-29-08, 07:36 PM   #7  
If you want muffler options then the numbers are needed. I don't think a different muffler is going to make much difference however. There is also a considerable amount of noise generated from the spinning blade.

OH

09-30-08, 03:06 PM   #8  
Thanks alot, thats all I need to hear.I guess a new muffler isn't going to make much difference then i'll just forget about.

thanks for the replys anyway.

Search this Thread