Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Husqvarna

09-30-08, 11:46 AM   #1  
Husqvarna

I am new to this forum so hi and hello to everyone.

I have just been given a 380 CD chainsaw. The spark is very weak which i think is due to the ht lead which is almost severed. My question is how do I replace it and if the flywheel needs removing can I do it without a puller.

Regards
Robinrcr

Sponsored Links

09-30-08, 04:59 PM   #2  
not sure but i think the plug wire is part of the coil. i have had limited success splicing that wire and insulating it carefully.
it's worth trying before you buy a new coil assy. as far as removing the flywheel, you should be able to apply pressure on opposite sides of the flywheel with two screwdrivers and with the flywheel nut loose but covering as many threads as possible tap the nut with a brass hammer or some other tool that will not damage the nut or crankshaft. it should not take too much "persuation" to loosen the flywheel.

TN

09-30-08, 06:22 PM   #3  
Donít place too much importance on what you see as weak spark. I have repaired high-tension leads with excellent results. If the wire is severed or partially severed, splice using metal feral. I use glue from a hot glue gun to seal the repair area and seal it all with shrink tube. I did this to my personal mower several years ago and it is still going strong.

This link below has service manuals for Husqvarna saws but I did not see the 380 listed.

http://www.gardening-tools-direct.co...op_manuals.htm

09-30-08, 11:31 PM   #4  
Thank you for your replies, the saw is qiute an old one and I have had no luck with a manual either

Regards
Robinrcr

Search this Thread