Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Devillbiss Excel 2500 Pressure Washer question

10-01-08, 05:32 PM   #1  
Devillbiss Excel 2500 Pressure Washer question

I've got an Excel 2500 pressure washer that I had to replace the pump on back in May. My problem is that the rubber/pressure hose that is attached to the back of the pump has sprung a leak. Sears won't cover the $160 part, because it happened 120 days after purchasing it; not 90 days which would be covered under their warranty.

Does anyone know if I could get a replacement hose? It's about 10" long and connects into the the back of the pump with a male, brass connector and has a solid brass connector at the front that is just suppended to the front of the pump where the external hoses connect. Could I just get a hydraulic hose made to fit or would I run the risk of ruining the pump? I "think" it is a pressure relief hose, in case too much pressure is created, but could be wrong.

Thanks for any possible help!

Sponsored Links

FL

10-01-08, 05:52 PM   #2  
That is a relief hose and there's no reason you can't have one made, I have my local NAPA store build hoses all the time. Just make sure they use the proper pressure hose.

10-04-08, 08:00 AM   #3  
31YTech,

Thanks for comfirming my suspicions; I'll be going to NAPA today!

Search this Thread