tru cut mower has locked wheel drive

Old 10-01-08, 06:45 PM
tru cut mower has locked wheel drive

tru cut power reel mower forward control lever has gone into fast forward mode and wheels lock when throttle is turned off.

how do I repair? Help

Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-08, 02:28 PM
I have only ever worked on a handful of these mowers, but if the engines not running and the drive lever is locked (pushed in), it will engage the clutch and the wheels will not move. Try pulling the lever back out and this should disengage the clutch and in turn free the drive wheels.

Old 10-02-08, 04:05 PM
locked drive

thanks 30yr tech for your response. unfortunately the lever cannot be moved even when the sprocket it attaches to it is hit with a rubber hammer.

the only thing that works is disassembling the sprocket and reassembling. the machine then runs for 5 to 10 minutes and makes a sudden lurch forward till I turn off the throttle and the we are back in the same problem. this has happened three times and I cannot solve the cause. any further suggestions are really welcome.
Bill

Old 10-02-08, 04:13 PM
The lever the engagement rod is hooked to applies pressure to the clutch disc. I would look at the clutch plate to see if perhaps there is something going on with the bearing or support assembly.

Does the blade side of the clutch operate properly?