Quick question on Toro 20023


Old 10-02-08, 06:38 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3
Quick question on Toro 20023


I have a Toro personal pace mower model 20023. There is a bar I pull back and hold down while running the mower (e.g. so that if I let go the engine shuts off). Yesterday the steel cable that leads from this bar to the engine broke.

Now I've had no issue finding all manner of spare parts for this mower online, but I'm running into a terminology problem. The only picture I can find isn't completely clear (with it's little arrows and reference numbers) as to which part this is. Would this be referred to as the "cable brake"?

Both ends of the cable have a small z style style hook welded right on, so I assume a replacement part would come with a cable already inside a housing?

Any help here would be appreciated.


Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-08, 06:43 PM
30yearTech's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,176

This is the engine brake cable, and yes it will come complete conduit and "Z" bends on the end of cable.
Old 10-02-08, 07:02 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3
Thank you very much! Placing my order now.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes