Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Small Engine Oil Evacuator!!!

10-03-08, 06:47 AM   #1  
Small Engine Oil Evacuator!!!

I recently saw one of the devices at my local Lowe's (under the name LiquiVac) and was wondering if any of you have tried them. Will they work in pretty much any small engine? Thanks in advance. Later!

Sponsored Links

TN

10-03-08, 07:54 AM   #2  
I use a similar brand in my shop. The first one I owned was slow in removing oil from a cold engine. The one I use now will vacuum it up cold or hot but is faster hot. It is the only way to remove oil in my opinion. I use it on my automobiles also.

10-03-08, 08:06 AM   #3  
Thanks for the reply. Judging by the video I saw it's rather fast and looks like a good design. Do you think it cleans the crankcase as good as pulling the plug? Later!

IL

10-03-08, 12:36 PM   #4  
Shadow would this unit work on inboard outboard marine engine and were can i find a picture of it.
Thank You

10-03-08, 01:21 PM   #5  
I'd say judging by the demostration on their website it'll work on pretty much any engine. Go to www.liquivac.com and see how it works. Later!

TX

10-03-08, 05:02 PM   #6  
Posted By: shadow745 Thanks for the reply. Judging by the video I saw it's rather fast and looks like a good design. Do you think it cleans the crankcase as good as pulling the plug? Later!
I also use a fluid evacuator to change engine oil, they do about as good a job as removing the drain plug, there will always be a little residue in the crankcase, no matter what.

That unit looks pretty nifty, I use a model made my Mityvac.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-03-08, 11:41 PM   #7  
Hmmm... I think I'm gonna get one and try it out.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MI

10-07-08, 08:59 AM   #8  
Changing oil in my riding mower is a nightmare.
Doing same in my lawn mower is a dirty job.
Picked one of these up at Lowes yesterday--$35.00--last one in store.
It takes all the work out of changing oil..............
Make sure spout gasket is very tight.
Save the bag & the box--I would remove the pinch clamp &
keep it in bag when not in use--I may be wrong but it appears to me that this clamp will leave a permanent crimp in the plastic tube if left in same spot for a long time...................

NJ

10-07-08, 01:07 PM   #9  
A couple questions please -- 1) have you used it yet ?? 2) how warm does the oil need to be for it to flow like the video ?? thanks

MI

10-07-08, 02:08 PM   #10  
Instruction say " do not use HOT liquids "--I guess it may melt
plastic tubing--I let engine run for a couple of minutes--
Flowed good-didn't hurt tubing.
Pinch clamp can also be removed--turned sideways & run all the way down tubing w/out pinching tube. Don't want to lose it.
Have fun.........................

TX

10-07-08, 02:18 PM   #11  
I doubt that the oil could get hot enough to melt the tubing, but I would not know for sure. 5 minutes of run time should be sufficient to warm the oil enough for good evacuation, that what I usually do.

Search this Thread