Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stubborn Poulan PRO Blower Vac.

10-03-08, 01:23 PM   #1  
Stubborn Poulan PRO Blower Vac.

I own a Poulan PRO Blower /Vac Model BVM200 LE. It has worked fine for the past two years and just as the warranty is out it goes to pot.

I attempted to start it and it just won't even try to start. I changed the plug, used starting fluid at the carburetor and in the cylinder with out the hint of a start. I checked for a sheer pin malfunction and all is good. The primer bulb does put a bit of fuel in the carburetor. I suspect the ignition module but since there is a strong spark at the plug I can't be sure about the module. Can the module fire 180 degrees out of sequence?

Anyone have a solution???

Sponsored Links

TX

10-03-08, 05:33 PM   #2  
Yes, the module can fire 180 degrees out, but that's what the shear pin is for to make sure the ignition timing is correct. If the key is good then the timing is good.

An air leak into the crankcase, or insufficient compression will also cause a no start condition.

10-04-08, 06:14 AM   #3  
I know that the mechanical timing is OK. My concern was that the circuitry has malfunctioned and caused the module not to fire correctly. Still searching for the solution.

TX

10-04-08, 07:47 AM   #4  
Posted By: lbj3819 I know that the mechanical timing is OK. My concern was that the circuitry has malfunctioned and caused the module not to fire correctly. Still searching for the solution.
I doubt that to be the case, as the spark can only be generated when the magnetic field is generated in the coil by the flywheel magnets, if the key is good, the magnetic field is generated at the correct time for the spark plug to fire.

Search this Thread