Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

White Smoke

10-04-08, 11:54 AM   #1  
White Smoke

Recently started my SEARS Briggs n Stratton LT 1000 riding lawn mower. I'M NOT mechanicly inclined. It started fine but after a minute of two engine seemed as if it were going too stall when a BIG cloud of white smoke appeared. After white smoke stopped lawn mower ran fine for a minute or two and same problem occured. Runs seems to almost stall white smoke appears. Can anyone help me with this?

Sponsored Links

OK

10-04-08, 12:16 PM   #2  
air cooled engine so that has to be oil smoke, check the engine oil level, if it is over full check for a fuel smell to the oil, if it has fuel smell you need to see if your carb needle and seat leaking fuel past, will also need a oil change if fuel smell to the oil. if not over full you need to pull the air filter off and check for a crankcase ventalition problem, last if these check out you probably have a cracked ring letting excesive amount of oil into the combustion chamber,

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

TX

10-04-08, 09:38 PM   #3  
My first thought would be to check the oil for fuel as described in previous post. Another possibility if your engine is an OHV style, is a blown or leaking head gasket.

Engine model and spec numbers would be very helpful for us to offer suggestions to you.

Search this Thread