Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Edger/trimmer breakdown

PA

10-05-08, 04:03 PM   #1  
Edger/trimmer breakdown

We have a Homelite "trimlite" 20263 string edger which stopped rewinding the start pull. In a moment of inspiration, my son and I took it apart, the coil spring blew out and we cannot get it back together. Of course. It seems worn anyway, so probably needs replacing.

I cannot find any information for parts or even this product number at the manufaturer site or online. Are there replacement pieces out there, or can this be reassembled? Putting the re-wound spring back in is like threading a needle while juggling. As with many things it is more expensive to take it to a repair shop than buy a new one, but the rest of it runs fine.

Sponsored Links

MI

10-05-08, 06:40 PM   #2  
Double post ?:bad poster:
chandler already answered this under Power Machinery.

TN

10-06-08, 05:48 AM   #3  
Posted By: j HOWARD Double post ?:bad poster:
chandler already answered this under Power Machinery.
This is not a “double post”. This is a post that was made and responded to on the WRONG FORUM.

The forum moderator of “Tools, Sharpening and Power Machinery Hand Held & Power Tools All Power Machinery and Tool Sharpening” should have been given the opportunity to move the post to the correct forum.

MI

10-06-08, 07:25 AM   #4  
Well shut my mouth
I guess I just got as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine

TX

02-20-11, 10:05 AM   #5  
Trimmer Spring

Chandler may have answered somewhere, but I can't find it. How about additional directions for someone who is a poor searcher?

Search this Thread