flooding carb

Old 10-14-08, 04:18 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
flooding carb

hssk50 67338m carb is or equivlant to 640084b just replaced inlet and seat, bowl and jet gaskets,and bowl itself(adjusted properly to near horisontal). runs smoooooth but let her site for just a minite and she's puking fuel out the manuel choke orfice (not the spring loaded choke) and some pinhole of some kind in the body of the carb. the o ring on the bowl side of the suck tube(red) is fully comprested flush w/suck tube does it have any relivancy? i'm boggeled help!

Old 10-14-08, 04:33 PM
I
did you check the float when you had it apart? Shake it next to your ear and listen for a "sloshing "sound. If you hear the sloshing, then your float has gas inside it making it now a "sinker" instead of a float. Tecumseh's are notorious for developing pinholes in their floats.

Old 10-14-08, 05:34 PM
It's also possible to install the seat upside down in the carburetor, make sure the little ridge in it goes down when installing. Another thing to check is the bowl vent, it needs to be clear, but I am guessing it is (thats the little pinhole on the side that fuel is coming out of).

Old 10-14-08, 06:22 PM
D
corection indy typo didn't replace bowl how could that go bad it was the float that I replaced strange that the new one was plastic didn't want to make a secont trip to the parts shop

I found simaler thread to my situation so I payed clear atention to removing the old inlet seat and making shure that when instaled the new one's ridges is not visable.you say that the bowl vent is indeed the pinhole I described on the side of the carb's body(fuel well sqwert out of that orfice a good inch before gravity has any real treshhold on it) so it should be clear

would that suck tube orings efect the vacume stuff of the carb to alow it to flood like disclosed or am i way out in left field

Old 10-14-08, 08:07 PM
No, the O-Rings on the nozzle tube will not cause the carburetor to flood gas. The inlet needle and seat, or the float is causing the problem, make sure the float moves freely and is not binding, and that the float bowl is not bent anywhere on the side that could be holding the float.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: