Poulan 2375 Wild Thing chain saw NO SPARK

Old 10-14-08, 07:04 PM
Question Poulan 2375 Wild Thing chain saw NO SPARK

Removed plastic covers and found NO SPARK. Removed flywheel expecting to see dirty points. NO POINTS under flywheel. Before I spend $26 for a new Electronic Ignition Module would like to know ARE THERE POINTS on this engine?
Besides high tension lead there are terminals with a yellow wire (goes to ON/OFF switch which grounds out the spark), and a BLACK wire which I cannot see where it goes. Parts diagram from Poulon isn't clear on this either. I would EXPECT this to go to a set of points to trigger the ignition. Where does it go?

Maybe something is shorting out the BLACK WIRE and not allowing the module to fire.
I have NEVER seen the magnets in the flywheel go bad.

If I do have to replace the Electronic Ignition Module what is the gap setting between the closest part of the flywheel where the magnets are? It appears to be about .040 or a little more.

BIGHANK

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-08, 08:14 PM
Most engines have not had any points in them since the early 80's. There are not any points in a Poulan Wild Thing as these are fairly new models. Disconect the kill switch lead wire and retest for spark, if you still have none, then it's time for a new module.