Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Poulan 2375 Wild Thing chain saw NO SPARK

MD

10-14-08, 07:04 PM   #1  
Poulan 2375 Wild Thing chain saw NO SPARK

Removed plastic covers and found NO SPARK. Removed flywheel expecting to see dirty points. NO POINTS under flywheel. Before I spend $26 for a new Electronic Ignition Module would like to know ARE THERE POINTS on this engine?
Besides high tension lead there are terminals with a yellow wire (goes to ON/OFF switch which grounds out the spark), and a BLACK wire which I cannot see where it goes. Parts diagram from Poulon isn't clear on this either. I would EXPECT this to go to a set of points to trigger the ignition. Where does it go?

Maybe something is shorting out the BLACK WIRE and not allowing the module to fire.
I have NEVER seen the magnets in the flywheel go bad.

If I do have to replace the Electronic Ignition Module what is the gap setting between the closest part of the flywheel where the magnets are? It appears to be about .040 or a little more.

BIGHANK

Sponsored Links

TX

10-14-08, 08:14 PM   #2  
Most engines have not had any points in them since the early 80's. There are not any points in a Poulan Wild Thing as these are fairly new models. Disconect the kill switch lead wire and retest for spark, if you still have none, then it's time for a new module.

Search this Thread