49cc scooter carb issues

Old 10-18-08, 12:34 PM
49cc scooter carb issues

This is my first post so please help me (even if I violate the rules:let me know). I have a generic 49cc stand up gas scooter (MY ONLY FORM OF XPORT) that I recently rebuilt the carb, and I need to know if the needle that goes from the linkage through the barrel to a jet is adjustable. Without thinking (I am an experienced lawn service mech) but I havent had too much exp. with this type of carb. The carb is a ruixing and I cant find a diagram or any rebuild info, it doesn't come with the kit (GO FIGURE). The symptoms are: hard cold start,even with choke,(occasionally NO start), good acceleration but no top end.(never seems to get enough to wind out). Also seems to occasionally surge like it finally got the right mix. This carb has only 1 obvious adj. and then this needle that could be adjusted. Please if anyone can help I need a diagram or just to know how to start adjusting this needle.

PS: BEEN WATCHING FOR A WHILE, I'M IMPRESSED,
AND THATS NOT EASY TO DO!!?!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-08, 08:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is this one of the chinese scooters that you could buy for $250? I have a pawn shop that is a customer of mine, and they used to carry those. I messed with some, and found the best thing to do is stick a new carb on it. They are dirt cheap to replace and you can spend a lot of time trying to fix the old carbs, which don't seem to ever want to work right once they act up.

Old 10-19-08, 03:45 PM
Not familiar with the carburetor your describing, but many slide valve carburetors have little notches in the needle with a small "E" clip on them. If yours has this, then moving the clip higher on the needle will lean out the mixture, and lowering it will make the mixture richer.

Best of Luck....