Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Homelite Versa Tool weed wacker

10-18-08, 01:44 PM   #1  
Homelite Versa Tool weed wacker

So i used my NEW homelite one time then it broke.

I bought a Homelite weeder about a year ago. I used it once to do my front lawn and back lawn. A week later I tried to turn it on and it wouldnt start... So I just shelved it away till the other day, I told myself lets see if this thing starts today... year later lol.. Still dead so I replaced the armature since i had no spark. Put new lines since they were cracked and new filter. The primer does get full of fuel and i do see the gas run into the carb and so on. My gap is good on my armature to wheel. It cranks but just no spark.. I even took off the kill switch and made a loop on the 2 copper lines to the kill switch to rule it out. still no spark. any help?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-18-08, 08:24 PM   #2  
Is the plug touching metal on the engine when checking for spark? If not, it will not spark.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

10-19-08, 10:56 AM   #3  
yes i even put a wire into the spark plug cap and i made my hand ground to the engine as i held the other end of the wire. No tingling feeling

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-19-08, 10:08 PM   #4  
Remove the kill wire from the coil and check for spark again.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread