Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere LT155 drive belt

10-24-08, 08:05 AM   #1  
John Deere LT155 drive belt

After replacing various worn parts on my tractor I was about to change the drive belt. I removed the idler pulley spring which runs along the left frame rail. I realized I had been in the garage longer than anticipated and needed to finish another day. I replaced the spring to put the tractor back in the shed. I started it up and found I had no forward or reverse. A quick inspection revealed the belt to be routed correctly but having more slack than before the spring was removed. The trans disengage rod is engaged. Is there a manual tension adjustment of some sort; what am I missing?

Thanks from a first timer.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-24-08, 12:34 PM   #2  
I'm not looking at a manual right now, but I think the belt goes through a flat and v idler in an "S" pattern where the spring tensioner is applied, correct? If so, if the belt isn't routed through this spot properly, it will be loose. Check belt routing on all pulleys and often when the belt gets loose enough (when you removed the spring) the belt can fall off the tranny or engine pulley.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread