Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Briggs carb problems

10-28-08, 03:01 PM   #1  
Briggs carb problems

I just bought a used yard vacuum from my neighbor with a Briggs 8hp I/C engine on it (model 195432). It has been sitting a long time but he did drain the gas out of it. I finally got it started with new gas but you have to keep on choking it to keep it running. The gas line seems to be clear. I know this is probably a question that has been asked before but I am new to this forum and could not find it. Can anyone tell me what to do about this problem?
Thanks in Advance,
Tom

Sponsored Links

MA

10-28-08, 04:51 PM   #2  
You will have to remove carb and thoroughly clean. Please post the type number off of the engine, it is right next to the model #. We can then give you the correct carb kit to buy for the job

10-29-08, 04:06 PM   #3  
I appreciate your responce - smallengineguy

Will I need a kit or can I just take it apart and clean it good?

The model # is 195432
The type # is 401301
The code # is 91112110

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-30-08, 12:56 AM   #4  
You might be able to clean it and reassemble, depending on the condition of the carb and parts. Take it apart and see what there is to see...go from there. If the bowl is full of crud, the gaskets are torn/worn, and the needle is stuck, go ahead and plan on getting the kit.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread