Please show me how to set up throttle control (go cart) on vacu-jet carb.

Old 10-30-08, 02:36 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please show me how to set up throttle control (go cart) on vacu-jet carb.

I have a Briggs 130292 0601 (but it may have a mismatched cover - because the carb looks like a vacu-jet to me). Engine has good compression and runs just great if I pour gas into the top of the carb. It starts and runs great until it burns all that gas, and then it just stops suddenly. I have done the carb kit and I need to check the vacuum holes again. I didn't get a tank/carb gasket and there might not be a seal there - I need to check all those things - I also have access to another vacu-jet carb that I can swap if this one doesn't get straight. What I want is to know how the governor gets set up so that I can hook this thing up to the 'accellerator' pedal and make the engine engage the clutch and also go back to idle. I have the springs and everything for the pedal cable, but I think I have the wrong set up for the gov and the springs for that.

Andy

Old 10-31-08, 01:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 95 Posts
It's nearly impossible to guess what you have if you suspect the carb is not correct for the engine numbers given. Go-karts usually have a throttle cable connected to the plastic sliding part of the throttle control, which in turn moves the spring that is attached to the governor arm, which is connected to a linkage going to a lever on the side of the carb with a short linkage going from that to the throttle shaft in the carb.

Old 10-31-08, 09:38 AM
G
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Check the link below, maybe it will help. Have a good one. Geo
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...Linkage13s.gif

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: