Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel Line

TX

10-31-08, 06:10 PM   #1  
Fuel Line

This probably have been mention before.I have been using tygon fuel line for several years,now when I use it in 2 cycle engines,it seems to shrink,and start leaking where the fuel lines comes out of the fuel tank.I use the 3/16O.D.and I.D.3/32after about 6 mo.Someone mention using stihl fuel line the black tubing.I check with the stihl dealer in my area,they use tygon also.The dealer said it was the ethonol in the gas,What I need is the size of the stihl fuel line that is a little bigger,or what do ya'll use.

Thanks,
Jerry

Sponsored Links

MO

10-31-08, 08:13 PM   #2  
The post was probably me.
Stihl and some others use rubber(looks like rubber) fuel line rather than the clear plastic or other yellow stuff. My local guy told me the rubber line normally comes in .5mm but that Stihl branded fuel line is .6mm, since I had a leak try Stihl. It worked for me. He also said the yellow stuff lasts longer than the clear but always ends up leaking. Just his observation, he said. Hope this helps. Have a good one. Geo

TX

11-01-08, 08:45 AM   #3  
Thanks,geogrubb for the info.

Jerry

Search this Thread