need help

Old 11-02-08, 10:24 AM
need help

hello i got a 6hp craftsman snowblower its about 20 years old it has no spark so i pulled the flywheel off and the part thats on the crank that holds the points and condenser was in bad shape sorry i dont know what its called but there is like a bunch of steel plates together and those plates looked like someone seperated the one side with a screwdriver would that cause it not to have spark? and can someome please tell me the correct name for that part so i can get a new one. and is there a how to on this site how to reset the timing. thanks for any info

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-08, 07:34 PM
With posting the model and spec numbers off this engine there are a few on here that can post the part number and installation instructions.

Old 11-04-08, 05:23 PM
model # is c459 52254 dont know the spec # thanks

Old 11-05-08, 04:36 PM
Well that model number does not work for me, but I am guessing that you have a Tecumseh engine. The part you are referring to is called the lamination's and pickup the magnetic field from the flywheels magnets as they pass by. The damage you describe should not dramatically effect the operation. You can download a service manual here, although I am guessing at which engine you have.

http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf

Old 11-05-08, 06:02 PM
Agree with 30 year, most likely not affecting operation due to slight separation. Replace points and condenser, set points at .20 and clean after installing by running lint free card stock, sprayed with carb cleaner and then a dry piece through. Most likely this will get you spark. Be sure coil wire is not grounding somehere while flywheel is off.

Old 11-07-08, 07:35 PM
wow guys thanks alot very good info in that manuel 1 more thing i removed the stator plate thinking i needed a new one but now that im just going to replace the points and condenser do i need to i need to set the timing if so how is that done? thanks again guys

Old 11-08-08, 04:05 PM
Timing procedure is on page 68 in the manual.

Old 11-09-08, 03:11 PM
ok i read the mauel but i do not have the tools they are talking about to use so is there a way of setting it another way?

Old 11-09-08, 06:13 PM
Tecumseh timing

Look here:

Old Tecumseh Point timing

AJ

Search this Thread