Turbo Nozzle for pressure washer

Old 11-04-08, 08:04 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Nozzle for pressure washer

I'm looking for a turbo nozzle for my 2400psi washer. I found a Power Care at Home Depot ($60) but it's designated for '3000 to 4000 psi.' Does that mean it will not perform well on a 2400? All the others I've seen just say they are for 'up to xxxxpsi.' What could I expect from this Power Care? Does anyone have any experience with this brand? (My Craftsman machine is rated 2.2 gpm, if that makes a difference.) Thanks.

Last edited by broeux; 11-04-08 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added information
Old 11-05-08, 08:35 AM
S
Yeah it would work OK. The reason for the psi rating is due to the orifice size of the nozzle. The one you speak of is rated for 3-4000 psi because the orifice size is probably around 3.5-4.5. Using it with a lesser machine will give more volume and less pressure. You'd want to look for something with a size around 3.0, meaning it would optimize the pressure and flow for your machine.

On the other hand if you had a larger machine, say 4000+psi and used a turbo nozzle with a really small orifice you could actually buildup too much pressure and cause part failure.

It's all about the numbers to maximize the pressure and flow. Later!

Old 11-05-08, 06:31 PM
B
Turbo nozzle for pressure washer

Thank you shadow. So, it would work, but it won't give me as much pressure as a nozzle specified for up to 2400?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: