Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

gas in the air filter. Homelit blower

11-05-08, 02:59 PM   #1  
gas in the air filter. Homelit blower

hello,

I have a small hand held homelit blower. A few years old. It start and run fine and I have adjusted the carb recently.

I notice when I was running it for about 10 minutes there is a lot go gas in the foam gas filter. It is dripping gas. This also happen even when I run it without the filter.

I also notice although may not be related that the fuel dran hose going back into the fuel tank is leaking gas at where the hose goes back into the fule tank. I don't think this is related and I can fix this problem by putting some sealent around where the hose goes back into the tank.

What can the problem be and what can I do to fix the problem

thanks

Sponsored Links

MO

11-05-08, 03:56 PM   #2  
Sounds like you need to replace the fuel lines, if they leak at all they are bad all over and should be replaced, you may also find the fuel filter separated from the line in the tank which will let the line pick up nasty little stuff to screw up the carb. Have a good one. Geo

TX

11-05-08, 04:17 PM   #3  
Check your muffler and exhaust ports for some carbon build up. This can cause back pressure and a lot of "spit back" out of the carburetor, a little is normal.

11-05-08, 05:06 PM   #4  
newbie question.

sorry about the newbie question. where is the best place to get the fue line?

Also is the fuel filter suppose to be attached to the gas supply line or the gas drain? Or both?

TX

11-05-08, 06:13 PM   #5  
A small engine repair shop or lawnmower sales company should have fuel line for your unit. The fuel filter will be attached to the hose that supplies fuel to the carburetor, there is no need for a filter on the return line.

Search this Thread