Homelite HB -180 dies when warm.

Old 11-02-08, 03:26 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Homelite HB -180 dies when warm.

I have a Homelite HB-180 Leaf blower, that doesn't keep running. I just put in brand new fresh mixed gas. I start the blower and it will run like a champ for a few minutes then it seems to loose power and then shut off. If I start it again it will run for a while again, not as long as the first time then die again. Eventually it gets to the point where it dies as soon as I start it. It doesn't seem to matter where I have the choke knob set. Any suggestions.

Bryan

Old 11-02-08, 05:40 PM
Have you checked for spark when it quits?? Also try losening the fuel cap in case it's not venting.. Good Luck, Roger

Old 11-03-08, 05:15 AM
L
I've not tried either, but I will this afternoon, thanks for the suggestions.

Old 11-05-08, 06:24 AM
L
Loosening the fuel cap didn't make any difference. It still ran about 5 or 10 minutes then started to lose power and eventually die. When it started to lose power I actually tried taking the cap off and no difference. Since It starts by losing power then quits I think I'm getting spark, but I do want to try a new plug and see if that helps. Any other ideas?

Old 11-05-08, 04:22 PM
Possible air leak, I would check the mounting hardware for the carburetor and insulator as well as the cylinder. If anything is loose it can run lean and cause a problem such as described. A dirty fuel filter or build up in the carburetor filter screen can also do this.

Old 11-10-08, 08:24 AM
L
I checked over the weekend and everything seemed tight, but I was still having the problem. So since it still wasn't running well I got a screw driver out and messed with the carb screws. After a bit of tinkering it ran well for about 90min until it ran out of gas. Then when I was filling it I realized there was a tiny hole in one of the fuel lines, so I changed out the line, and then it would start at all. So I guess my tinkering with the carb got it to keep running with the leak but now I need to readjust the carb. Any clue as to where to set them to start?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: