No Fuel Sears lawnmower 917-271080

Old 11-10-08, 11:15 AM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Fuel Sears lawnmower 917-271080

Hi everyone-Question, I have a sears lawnmower 917-271080, and when ever I keep running out of fuel. I have a new clear gas filter, no water in gas. While mowing the grass, I notice that the fuel line is practically empty, and if I am going up a hill, the lawnmower dies, or throttles up and down. The lawnmower has an electronic bowl.

Old 11-10-08, 03:02 PM
This unit shows to have a gravity feed fuel system, some inline fuel filters will not work well without a fuel pump and can prevent the fuel from flowing to the carburetor without the aid of a fuel pump. You may want to try a different fuel filter and see if this will clear up your issue.

Old 11-11-08, 10:54 AM
K
Thank you for the information, I have tried 3 types of fuel filters, and the same thing happens, I did not notice the lack of fuel until I put on the clear fuel filter.

I forgot to mention and I am sure this would of helped, but when I got the mower, the carb bowl was crystalized, and I had to soak the carb, and blow out all of the ports. The previous owner said that he has never had a problem with the carb starving for fuel.

Old 11-11-08, 05:08 PM
Try it without the fuel filter and see if that makes a difference, at least this way you will know if it's the fuel filter or the carburetor causing the problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: