Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Funny..for snowblower people

NH

11-10-08, 01:01 PM   #1  
Funny..for snowblower people

I see way too many ads selling snowblowers from people who know nothing at all about snowblowers or who were duped into getting a service that was not needed. Latest ad:

"SNOBLOWER
Description: runs excellent. need to sell! new piston rod and blades sharpened".

Ther are NO BLADES to be sharpened on a snowblower.
They have an auger in the front, but that does NOT need sharpening!!

Sponsored Links

MA

11-10-08, 03:01 PM   #2  
Indy, that's good. Someone up your way was advertising to do snowblower tune-ups for $40, including a new air filter. Not a bad deal if snowblowers used air filters !

NH

11-11-08, 05:02 AM   #3  
Posted By: smallengineguy Indy, that's good. Someone up your way was advertising to do snowblower tune-ups for $40, including a new air filter. Not a bad deal if snowblowers used air filters !
Hondas and some Chineese clones do use air filters on their snowblowers. Honda had a problem with them freezing up, so they came up with an electric carb heater to remedy the problem.
Give me my Tecumseh SnowKing engine anyday.
Only problem is, this is the last year you can get a new snowblower with a Tecumseh engine as Tecumseh has decided not to make engines anymore. This is what happens when investment groups buy up companies.

Search this Thread