Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Log Splitter Cylinder

11-11-08, 12:33 PM   #1  
Log Splitter Cylinder

I bent the piston in my neighbor's 26T Wood General cylinder and need to replace it. Wood General is long gone, but the cylinder is pretty much like most commercial ones; 28" long with 24" stroke. Most of the cylinders I am finding online have a yoke (?) with 1" pin on both front and back, while the commercial ones have the 1" pin in back but a 1/2" hole in the piston for attaching the wedge. Does anyone know where I can find one without having to pay over $400 to the big guys for a replacement?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-12-08, 01:23 AM   #2  
Great Plains and Northern Tool have a pretty decent general selection of hydraulic cylinders to choose from. You should be able to find one for less than half the price you quoted.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

IN

11-12-08, 02:49 PM   #3  
Bent cyl

I f you can find someone with a big press and lots of patience you can straighten them. I have straightened several of them as well as mower crankshafts. You must use soft metal pads to keep from damaging the shaft. RW

Search this Thread