DeVilbiss EXB2525ES power washer

Old 11-12-08, 08:32 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DeVilbiss EXB2525ES power washer

Machine is developing little or no pressure. It seems to be in the bypass mode all the time. Discharge is about the same with or without the engine. Momentarily over riding the governor makes no difference. Supply averages 50psi on a one inch line. I removed the valve block, found all passages open, valves clean and free. I removed the spring from the unloader and easily moved the valve open and closed. Some corrosion on the pump but pistons and valves moving freely.

From this, should I assume the pump is defective or is there a way to test it?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks, hefe

Old 11-13-08, 09:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Sounds like an unloader problem to me. did you remove all components of the unloader? New O-rings?

Old 11-14-08, 06:26 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
EXB2525ES power washer

Thanks Cheese. Exactly what I thought and I did remove the unloader. Looks very good to me. Did not replace anything. In hindsight, I may not have been looking at the unloader. The exploded parts view I found is as much help as a broken leg. However, it's the only valve with a very strong spring holding the valve closed and it is closed. Seemed logical. I am probably overlooking the obvious so will take it apart again. As someone on this forum quotes, "you have to know how it works before you can fix it". Maybe I only think that I know how it works.
hefe

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: