Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need info on old craftsman snowblower

11-13-08, 09:24 PM   #1  
need info on old craftsman snowblower

i was recently given an ole craftsman snowblower, with replacement carb, runs rough, any throttle given and it seems to want to stall, anyways. model 143-586222 , serial 9007 17719? is this an eight horse? any info or advice would greatly be appreciated, i may be needin it here soon,lol

Sponsored Links

11-14-08, 12:18 PM   #2  
I dunno, but you can still get some parts via Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com. I have an old Craftsman snowblower from that era that had the 7HP original motor replaced with a 4HP Tecumseh Snow King. Ran like a top for years, but it was a lot easier looking for Tecumseh parts than trying to do anything with Sears. See what kind of part numbers you get off the engine itself to ID the specific engine. You can get the service manuals for those for $10 or so as I recall.

11-14-08, 12:21 PM   #3  
Interesting. I type in a simple URL and it posts a link with their full load of advertising blather.

Search this Thread