Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Leaf blower fuel line/primer bulb trouble

11-15-08, 09:47 AM   #1  
Leaf blower fuel line/primer bulb trouble

Friendly neighbor lent me his seldom used Craftsman 2 cycle gas blower/vac. Primer bulb filled with fuel worked fine. Ran fine a couple of times. Then it would not start. Found cracked fuel line from primer bulb to carburetor. Replaced it. Now primer bulb is filled with fuel alright, but after I squeeze it, it does not return to shape but stays collapsed. I can start the engine with fuel directly poured into the carburetor, but it stops after a short time as if no fuel is flowing to the engine. I wonder why the primer bulb is acting this way. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-15-08, 06:58 PM   #2  
The carburetor needs to be taken apart and cleaned. The primer needs to draw fuel through the carb and can't. Clean the inlet screen and make sure the diaphragm isn't stiff.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

11-17-08, 05:14 PM   #3  
I would also add to what cheese posted, check your fuel line and make sure there are no kinks and that it's not pinched anywhere.

Search this Thread