Husqvarna GTH2550XP Garden Tractor Help

Old 11-15-08, 10:30 AM
Husqvarna GTH2550XP Garden Tractor Help

Its about an 01. Has a 25HP Kawasaki motor. I put a 46'' deck on it because i wanted to use a bagger system. Its been like that for years now and never had a problem. Recently i broke a deck drive belt. Theres a belt that runs from the electric pto around a few idler pulleys, and turns one pulley, which has another belt on bottom which turns the blades. Anyway the new belt lasted about 2 minutes. Didnt fray or pull it apart, it was a clean cut that broke it. Got another new belt and put it on, and it works when the deck is up, but the second i lower it, it pops off. I cannot figure out what is going on. I work at a Husqvarna dealer and none of us can figure out what the problem is. We shimmed the two idler pulleys, didnt fix it. The pto pulley had a little dent in it, fixed that, still pops off. If the deck is down and you engauge the blades, it will work, but when you click it off it pops right off. No problems with the deck up. Weve all taken a look at it and its really stumping us. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions would help.

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-08, 06:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Which pulley is it coming off of? All of them? Just the tensioner pulley?

Old 11-16-08, 12:50 PM
varies everytime but it usually pops off the pto and both idler pulleys.

Old 11-17-08, 01:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Without being there to inspect things myself, I'd suggest raising the front of the deck a little to help point the deck pulley more in a line towards the PTO pulley. I'm thinking the inertia force of the blades trying to continue to turn after shutting off the clutch is carrying the slack side of the belt around the PTO pulley a little and running it off because of too much angle on the belt.