got her running...but.

Old 11-20-08, 12:24 PM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got her running...but.

hello i just want to say thank-you to everyone that helped me out kgetting my blower started again. it is running like a dream but now i found 1 more problem when i put it in gear to go front or back you can see it is trying to go but it only moves a bit. if i lift the tires of the ground the tires spin like crazy put them back down and nothing what could that be? thanks again. 6hp craftsman 15 years old

Old 11-20-08, 02:48 PM
I
you could have a coulpe of problems. Being 15 years old, it could be:
1) friction disc is worn.
2) wheel axle bushings are worn
3) check the belts for wear & glazing and tensioners for worn/broken springs and to see if they move easily

Old 11-20-08, 07:55 PM
T
thanks for your reply. i checked all that everything seems good i might need a belt but on the friction disc there is grease on them a very thin coat i rubbed my finger on it it pretty slippery and a silver colour should i clean all it off or is that grease meant to be there? thanks again

Old 11-21-08, 05:48 AM
I
The friction disc AND the metal drive dics MUST be free of ANY & ALL oils & grease. Clean it using spray BrakeKleen. Do NOT use carburator cleaner as carb cleaner has a lubricant in it to lube throttle linkages. BrakeKleen drys clean.

Old 11-21-08, 04:54 PM
T
thank you will do. ill post my results

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: