Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh coil question

NH

11-25-08, 04:47 PM   #1  
Tecumseh coil question

I have an older 10hp Tecumseh HM100. It has points & condenser. It uses coil#30546, which is located under the flywheel. Is there an electronic ignition replacement coil/module for that like there is for some other engines? Coil is bad and needs replacing along with the points & condenser.

Sponsored Links

TX

11-25-08, 05:35 PM   #2  
There is not one that I am aware of. Some have reported using aftermarket TTI modules, but you need a good coil for them to work. I have not had any success with the aftermarket conversions on Tecumseh engines.

11-26-08, 04:14 AM   #3  
I tried to use a Nova II on a 3.5 Tecumseh over the summer. Was of time and money. Had very low low low spark. Once I pot new point, and condenser in it fired right up. When I spoke with the company that makes the Nova II they told me it would work with out a problem. But it did not. So now I'm out $13. So if I ver come accross an older B&S maybe I can use it there. Stick with the point. Oh and just and FYI DO NOT that off the stator plate when changing the points and condensor. If you do you will need to set the timing. And without a gauge its not easy. I took it off to install the Nova II and it was not fun setting the timing once I went back to points. Good luck.

Search this Thread