Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Please help me get this snowblower auger pulley off!

12-05-08, 12:39 PM   #41  
Question for you, indypower, if you're still checking this thread...

Since my gearbox has some oil/grease coming out of where the shaft meets the gearbox, do you think I should now break down the gearbox and put a new seal in there?

I assume this is from the abuse the shaft took when I was trying to remove the pulley.

Or should I just make sure that the oil level is good and "run it".

(I'm worried about water getting in there).

Sponsored Links

12-06-08, 08:27 AM   #42  
Posted By: Catamount Question for you, indypower, if you're still checking this thread...

Since my gearbox has some oil/grease coming out of where the shaft meets the gearbox, do you think I should now break down the gearbox and put a new seal in there?

I assume this is from the abuse the shaft took when I was trying to remove the pulley.

Or should I just make sure that the oil level is good and "run it".

(I'm worried about water getting in there).

there's thick grease in my gearbox
maybe the grease or oil is too thin in yours,
maybe you should drain it and add new grease
the gearbox diagram doesn't show a rear seal just on the sides of the auger shaft
i,m to go ahead and replace the two seals and gasket and clean it since i have it out of the assembly
once i put this back together, i never want to take it apart again
hopfully indypower will answer soon

12-07-08, 04:05 PM   #43  
Well I've decided to leave it be for now.

I painted the augers and impeller and housing tonight. I found out that Rustoleum's Dark Hunter Green is still not dark enough to match the blower.

Doesn't matter to you though, considering your new paintjob!

Tomorrow all that I have left to do is pick up some bolts and pushwashers... and then wait for the overpriced Sears parts to come in.

Posted By: deerefan there's thick grease in my gearbox
maybe the grease or oil is too thin in yours,
maybe you should drain it and add new grease
the gearbox diagram doesn't show a rear seal just on the sides of the auger shaft
i,m to go ahead and replace the two seals and gasket and clean it since i have it out of the assembly
once i put this back together, i never want to take it apart again
hopfully indypower will answer soon

Search this Thread