Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snowblower issue

12-06-08, 08:08 AM   #1  
Snowblower issue

I recently aquired a preowned snowthrower; it's a Roper 20" with a 5-hp Tecumseh. Starts, runs and throws the snow well. The only thing I have noticed is that it doesn't scrape real close to the ground; I am always left with approx. 1/2" of snow on my driveway/sidewalks which I then have to go back and shovel. Minor I know, but was wondering if there was anyway to improve how close the auger scrapes to the ground?

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

NH

12-06-08, 09:23 AM   #2  
Adjust the shoes or skids on the side of the auger housing. 2bolts on each. Loosen the bolts (may be rusted and may break & need replacing). Now set the height you want. Suggested scrapper blade height of 1/8" (about the thickness of 2 quarters on top of each other) off the floor.Tighten the bolts

12-07-08, 06:09 AM   #3  
shear pin replacement

Hi own a Craftsman snow blower only one auger is working how do i change the pin and wht tools are required

NH

12-07-08, 10:31 AM   #4  
Do you have a model # ? Changing shear pins is easy. You may need a punch to punch out the old half that may still be in the shaft. Just need a socket & box end wrench. Just don't over tighten them as they are made to break and you can break it if you tighten it too much.

Search this Thread