Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Echo Trimmer Wouldn't STOP...

12-10-08, 01:28 PM   #1  
Echo Trimmer Wouldn't STOP...

and now it won't start. My son was using my Echo SRM-2400 trimmer and the kill switch wouldn't work. I wasn't home and he didn't know what to do so he dumped out the gas. Later I put in a fresh mix to see the problem for myself but can't get it to start. My initial thought was there might be a broken wire or disconnect in the switch but while that might explain not being able to kill the engine, it wouldn't explain not being able to start it back up....would it?? :helpme 2:

Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-10-08, 02:45 PM   #2  
Check for spark and post back with results...we'll go from there.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

12-10-08, 10:53 PM   #3  
Well, I feel a little foolish -- it started right up tonight! -- but I still have a problem. It still won't shut off. I tried the kill switch several times but to no avail. I resorted to closing the choke to stall it. I tried several times but with the same results. I removed the switch and checked wire continuity from the switch to both the ground lead (where it bolts to case) and the ignition stop lead (at the wire connector). Continuity checked out fine and switch worked properly. Thanks for any help.

Search this Thread