Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

generator carb needed

MI

12-13-08, 11:41 PM   #1  
generator carb needed

Ok acquired a used shop force 1000W 2 stroke generator. engine is a shop force 2.0HP 2 stroke. Im looking for the carb. according the manual that came with the generator its part number F01.06-00 however nothing comes up. any ideas. engine is model VE45F. all it says is shop force 2 stroke 2.0HP. no tecumseh or briggs etc. might not be able to get parts for it sense its shop force's own brand of engine.

Sponsored Links

12-14-08, 06:17 AM   #2  
do you have the old carb ?
you might check the tecumseh two stroke carb used on the vertical crank post hole diggers and other equipment.
you know the HP so determine the bolt spacing and mounting configuration and check with some local repair shops. they likely have a couple laying around. the biggest problem you have is to make sure whatever you come up with does not run the engine lean.

MI

12-14-08, 02:50 PM   #3  
the engine runs on 50/1 mix.thats what it says on the tank. most 2 stroke carbs have adjustments. the carb is still on the machine. the part number is what the manual gave me. and im guessing the 2-stroke engine is shop forces own brand says it says shop force 2.0HP on the engine decal.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-14-08, 10:25 PM   #4  
There's no engine brand of "shop force" to my knowledge. It sounds to me like a chinese generator. If so, good luck finding parts for it.

Is it a bowl or diaphragm type carb?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

12-15-08, 03:42 AM   #5  
Posted By: flirty1 the engine runs on 50/1 mix.thats what it says on the tank. most 2 stroke carbs have adjustments. the carb is still on the machine. the part number is what the manual gave me. and im guessing the 2-stroke engine is shop forces own brand says it says shop force 2.0HP on the engine decal.
is there a brand name on the carb ? the chinese tend to use mass produced carbs. if not, the carb may be a clone of a mass produced unit. as posted, if you have a carb have you had it looked at ? what it the problem you are having with the generator ?

MI

12-15-08, 01:06 PM   #6  
Posted By: cheese There's no engine brand of "shop force" to my knowledge. It sounds to me like a chinese generator. If so, good luck finding parts for it.

Is it a bowl or diaphragm type carb?
i thought it was a diaphragm type but that was just the fuel valve. i will have to pull it off and look.

heres a pic of the machine and the box. if it is Chinese i could pull the Chinese off and stick a American 2 stroke on it

Last edited by flirty1; 12-15-08 at 02:30 PM.

12-16-08, 03:22 AM   #7  
if you could snap a closeup of the carb someone might recognize it. you never said why you need one though. does the engine run ?

TX

12-16-08, 06:51 AM   #8  
I have a small generator that looks just like your unit. It's a Chinese unit distributed by UST. The manual I have lists a number to call for parts and service, doesn't your manual list a number to call??

From digging around on the web, I have found references to Shop Force also being distributed by UST. I cannot find a website for UST, I believe they are the company importing the product and then labeling it for various companies to sell.

MI

12-16-08, 04:00 PM   #9  
OK its a float type carb. heres a pic of it. the engine does not want to start. If i put fuel into the sparkplug hole it will pop and maybe try to run but thats it. checked for spark and got a nice blue spark so its not getting fuel. i forgot how long the guy said it was sitting but he said the engine was always quitting. but he gave it to me for free sense he didn't want it.he said it would power a refrigerator.

TX

12-16-08, 05:17 PM   #10  
My generator won't start if I let it set very long with fuel in it. I just drop the bowl and clean out the old oil residue with some spray cleaner and that usually takes care of it. You should just be able to clean out the carburetor, I doubt that you would need any parts.

12-29-08, 03:44 PM   #11  
Posted By: flirty1 OK its a float type carb. heres a pic of it. the engine does not want to start. If i put fuel into the sparkplug hole it will pop and maybe try to run but thats it. checked for spark and got a nice blue spark so its not getting fuel. i forgot how long the guy said it was sitting but he said the engine was always quitting. but he gave it to me for free sense he didn't want it.he said it would power a refrigerator.

Check crankshaft sealf! They shrienk & pop out of the crankcase! Glue back in with super glue or opxy! The seal on the generator end can be inspected through the cooling slots in the crankcase! To test for loose seals----Spin over motor & check for vacum at mouth of carby! If nothing happening there it is a good indication seals are out sEEYA!wES! p/s I'm looking for a good carby.

Search this Thread