Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ariens 927LE snowblower won't start

12-14-08, 12:14 PM   #1  
Ariens 927LE snowblower won't start

I bought it new this past September. I put in gas and oil in mid November (both as per specs in the manual), and gave it a go. I followed the instructions and it started right away. I tried to start it up this past Tuesday to use it, and it wouldn't start. I figured I must have flooded it, so I let it sit for 15 minutes. Still no go. I let it sit for another 20, and it started and ran like a charm. I tried again the next evening, and it wouldn't start at all. I tried again yesterday and still nothing. I get no reaction at all from the recoil starter, and when I use the electric starter it will turn over, but it won't "catch". I've followed the manual to the letter, for choke, throttle, priming, fuel valve, and it won't start.
I bought it at Home Depot, so I figure the kid who sold it to knows squat about it, so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

NH

12-14-08, 01:03 PM   #2  
It sounds like you are priming it too many times and flooding it.
Manual probably says 3-5 times. That 3-5 times is for cold start if the machine is stored in an unheated shed and the temp is below freezing.

12-14-08, 01:26 PM   #3  
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I store it outside under a tarp, and it was below freezing on Wednesday and yesterday.
I have tried to start it without priming, or with just 1 pump, but didn't have any luck. When I did try the 3-5 times, it did cough once.

12-17-08, 06:15 PM   #4  
I guess I was flooding it. I've tried it the last two nights without priming, and it started right away. I guess "below freezing" must mean 15 degrees below freezing as far as priming is concerned.
Thanks for the tip Indypower. I appreciate it.

12-22-08, 09:36 AM   #5  
check this thread as well

In the future if you encounter any idling or starting problems, you might want to check out the chute deflector cable. Sometimes it can rub against the electrical connector - see this thread:

My NEW Ariens 926LE w/ Tecumseh LH318SA Dies When Throttled. Read Why and What Was Found!

Search this Thread